Connect with yourself
Is your life incredibly busy? Maybe you have tons of schoolwork, chores, or a job. You probably want to spend time connecting with friends and family too. But it's also really important to connect with yourself — to take some "me time."
Taking some quiet time for yourself will help you figure out what you like about yourself and what matters to you. Spend some time hanging out with the person you will know your whole life: yourself!
Every day, try to set aside all of your responsibilities and distractions for a little while. Here are some tips for unwinding and focusing on your inner self:
- Take a long shower or bath.
- Write down your thoughts and feelings. You can use our personal journal.
- Pray or meditate. For praying, if you need help, you might ask your parents or a religious leader. For meditation, you might just sit quietly and focus on your breath. You also can check out some meditation exercises for teens.
- Listen to some soothing music.
- Go for a walk in nature or someplace pretty.
- Express yourself through art, singing, or some other creative hobby.
- Try a physical activity. Some people clear their heads while jogging or doing yoga, for example.
Content last reviewed January 07, 2015
Page last updated March 04, 2015