It's great to feel good! Did you know there are lots of ways you can help yourself feel happy?
Check out some tips for feeling good about yourself and your life:
- Get moving. When you exercise, your body makes chemicals called endorphins (say: en-DOR-finz) that help you feel good. Not sure how to get going? Check out our tips for physical activity.
- Sleep tight. Being tired can wreck your mood. In fact, teens who don't sleep enough could be at risk for depression. Get tips for getting sleep.
- Eat right. If your body isn't getting the fuel it needs, you can feel sluggish or grouchy. Read all about nutrition.
- Build positive relationships. Connecting with people who care about you can really boost your mood. You can read about making friends and creating healthy relationships.
- Help others. Helping other people can give you a sense of purpose and pride. It's great to do good in the world! Find out more about connecting to your community and ways to volunteer.
- Stay true to you. You are someone special! Try ways to keep track of your best traits and to boost your self-esteem. Don't let anyone drag you down. How you feel about yourself affects how you feel about life overall.
Another way to feel good about yourself is to take on a new activity. Check out the video below about girls tackling a running challenge.
Love music? That's one more great way to pump up your mood. Use this cool tool to make your own quick video.
Content last reviewed January 07, 2015
Page last updated February 11, 2015