Links to more information
Publications & Web sites
- Quiz Yourself: How Smart Are You About Cosmetics? – Most cosmetics are safe if you use them correctly. But there are some things to be careful about. Check out this true or false quiz on cosmetics and find out how much you really know!
- Asthma and Outdoor Air Pollution (PDF – 503KB) – Air pollution can make asthma symptoms worse. Check out these tips to keep your lungs happy when the air quality is not so good.
- Asthma and Allergies and Their Environmental Triggers – This Web page has steps you can take to reduce symptoms of allergies and asthma.
- Learn About Chemicals Around Your House – There are many chemical products used around your home. Take this “house tour” to learn about some of these products and how to keep safe around them.
- What Is in Dust? – In this quiz, you can match the different dust particles to the location you might find them in your house to learn what makes up dust.
- Energy Explained: Your Guide to Understanding Energy – Ever wonder where our energy comes from? Or what greenhouse gases really are? This website has all the information you need to know about energy.
- Can Loud Music Hurt My Ears? (Copyright © Nemours Foundation) – Putting on your headphones and cranking up the volume of your favorite music can actually harm your ears! Read this page to learn the harmful effects of loud noises on your hearing and what you can do to protect yourself.
- Changing Your Hair (Copyright © Nemours Foundation) – As you get older, you might want to style your hair differently. Some hair treatments can be harmful to your locks, though. Read up on all the different hair chemicals and how to use them safely.
- Ozone, Air Quality, and Asthma (Copyright © Nemours Foundation) – Ozone and other things that pollute the air are problems for anyone who breathes. If you have asthma, though, these pollutants can make things worse. Read this article for ways you can lower the effects of air pollution on your lungs.
- Melanoma (Copyright © Nemours Foundation) – Spending time in the sun is fun, but catching too many rays without using sun block can be dangerous for your skin. This Web page talks about melanoma, or skin cancer, and how you can prevent it.
- Teens for Planet Earth: Green Quiz (Copyright © Wildlife Conservation Society) – You tell people you care about the planet, but are your actions matching your words? Take this fun quiz to find out how well you're doing now, and also get some ideas of more things you can do on your own.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences – Kids’ Pages
- EPA Student Center
- EPA Environmental Kids Club
- SunWise Kids
- Fish Kids
- Your Environment. Your Choice.
- Kids R Green
- EEK! Environmental Education for Kids!
- UNICEF: Voices of Youth
= This article, publication, website, or organization is from the U.S. government.
Content last reviewed July 20, 2010
Page last updated October 31, 2013